B2B marketing has developed a reputation for being dry, impersonal, and repetitive, with clickbait whitepaper forms, obscure statistics, and automated emails overwhelming our inboxes. This detachment from the audience has led many to view B2B marketing as a necessary evil rather than an opportunity to connect with customers.
While some marketers have succeeded in adding a spark to the industry through practical communication approaches, one strategy that should be considered is local marketing.
“46% of all Google searches are for local information.”
Despite its potential, local marketing is often separate from the B2B marketing mix. It is a shame because it offers a unique opportunity to connect with customers personally and build long-lasting relationships. And from a cost perspective, it is much more effective than most global PPC campaigns or long, generic SEO content forms that every competitor uses.
In this blog post, we will explore why local marketing is such an effective strategy and provide concrete examples of how you can use it to drive growth for your business.
Local Marketing: Beyond Google Maps
Local marketing is often mistakenly associated with having a presence on Google Maps, but it is much more. Local marketing is a critical strategy for B2B companies looking to expand their visibility and reach within their local communities.
The following statistics underscore the importance of local marketing for B2B companies:
- “Near me” searches on Google have increased by over 500% in recent years.
- 46% of all Google searches are for local information.
- 72% of consumers who perform a local search visit a store within 5 miles of their location.
- 50% of consumers who search for local information on their smartphones visit a store within 24 hours.
- 78% of local mobile searches lead to offline purchases.
- 86% of people look up the location of a business on Google Maps.
- 97% of people gather information about a local company online.
- 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
These statistics clearly illustrate how local marketing can impact the visibility, customer relationships, and brand recognition of B2B companies in their local markets.
The Power of Local Marketing for B2B Companies: 6 Key Advantages for Growth and Success
Local marketing offers a range of benefits for B2B companies, including six key advantages that can help drive growth and success in their local markets.
Reach new customers at a lower cost
- Target specific areas where potential B2B customers are located
- Reach out to potential customers with personalized messages
- Avoid spending money on broad-reaching campaigns that may not be effective for B2B sales
Increase brand recognition
- Attend B2B networking events and sponsor B2B community activities
- Create localized B2B content that speaks to the needs of specific regions or industries
- Use B2B-focused social media platforms like LinkedIn to increase brand recognition among target audiences
- Localize B2B strategies and target smaller geographic areas to test the market
- Gain valuable intelligence on B2B market trends and customer behaviour
- Establish a competitive advantage by being the first to offer B2B products or services in a specific geographic area
- Control B2B marketing budget by targeting specific areas and audiences
- Focus on B2B tactics that offer the most significant ROI and avoid overspending on ineffective campaigns
- Allocate B2B marketing spend toward tactics that directly impact lead generation and sales growth
Make an Impact
- Support B2B-related charities, events, and causes to build goodwill in the community
- Attract B2B customers who value socially responsible businesses by highlighting your company’s values and initiatives
- Establish your B2B brand as a thought leader by participating in relevant industry events and conferences
- Create personalized B2B marketing campaigns that speak directly to the needs of potential customers.
- Build stronger relationships with B2B clients by focusing on local and customized communication.
- Position your B2B business as a unique and valuable resource in the local market by offering specialized products or services.
The Power of Acting Local Even as a Global Business.
As a global business, it can be easy to treat every market equally and assume that one message will resonate with all audiences. However, local marketing provides a unique opportunity for B2B companies to tailor their messages to specific geographic locations and engage with the local community, ultimately driving success in their local markets.
By targeting particular long-tail keywords, businesses can attract more qualified leads and conversions than they would with broader, short-term keywords. This approach can be convenient for B2B companies looking to reach specific niches in their local markets.
Better Customer Experience
By understanding the needs and preferences of local audiences, regional sales teams can provide a more personalized customer experience. This, in turn, can lead to higher customer satisfaction and increased loyalty to the brand.
By working closely with regional sales teams, marketing teams can gain valuable insights into local market trends and consumer behaviour. This collaboration can lead to more effective and targeted marketing campaigns, ultimately driving better results.
Localization of Products and Services
A global business can increase its market penetration by adapting its products and services to meet the specific needs of local markets. For example, a tech company may offer localized versions of its software that cater to different regions’ specific language and cultural needs.
Partnerships with Local Businesses
Collaborating with local businesses can help global companies build trust and credibility within the community. For example, a global automotive manufacturer could partner with a local dealer to offer promotions and events tailored to the needs of local customers.
Localization of Content
Adapting marketing content to suit the preferences of local audiences can help global businesses create more engaging campaigns that resonate with potential customers. For example, an international fashion brand may use local models in its advertising campaigns to better connect with the local audience.
Local CSR Initiatives
Participating in local CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) initiatives can help global businesses build goodwill and increase brand reputation within the local community. For example, a global pharmaceutical company may sponsor local health clinics or provide free medical camps in underprivileged areas.
Successful Case Studies of Local Marketing for B2B Companies
Here at BigDreams, we have helped many of our B2B customers to successfully implement local marketing strategies to drive growth and success in their local markets. The below examples demonstrate the power of tailoring messages to specific geographic locations and engaging with the local community to build strong relationships with potential customers.
Local SEO grew traffic by 15% for a B2B Manufacturing company
For a B2B manufacturing company, we optimized their website for local search terms and ensured that all their office’s Google Business profiles were fully optimised and up to date. As a result, the company ranked higher in local search results and saw a 15% increase in website traffic.
- Increased website traffic by 15% from the local area
- Improved local search ranking for the company
- Generated more visibility and awareness for the company in the local market
Using Webinars to Generate Leads fo a B2B SaaS Company
We organized a series of webinars for a B2B SaaS company that targeted specific geographic areas. By creating targeted content that addressed local challenges and needs, we increased attendance rates and drove a 25% increase in leads generated from the targeted areas.
- Increased leads generated by 25% from the targeted areas
- Improved brand awareness and credibility in the local market
- Increased engagement and interest from potential customers in the local market
The Power of Collaborating with Local Businesses for B2B IT Companies
For a B2B IT company, we collaborated with a local cybersecurity company to offer bundled services to customers. By partnering with a complementary business, we were able to provide a more comprehensive solution that resonated with the local audience. This resulted in a 30% increase in leads generated through joint marketing efforts.
- Increased leads generated by 30% through joint marketing efforts
- Improved brand reputation and credibility in the local market
- Strengthened relationships with other local businesses in the same industry.
How to integrate Local marketing into your B2B Marketing plan?
Integrating local marketing into a B2B marketing plan can greatly increase visibility and attract new clients while keeping costs low.
Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Start Small: Begin by testing a highly localized strategy in a new go-to-market country. This can help you to gain valuable insights into the local market and refine your approach before investing heavily in a new region.
- Allocate Budget: Consider allocating 10% of your usual budget for that location and focus on tactics such as building relationships with local businesses, offering targeted promotions, and optimizing your website for local search terms.
- Build Relationships: Partnering with local businesses can help you to establish your brand in the local community and build trust with potential customers. Attend local networking events and sponsor community activities to help your business stand out.
Following these tips, you can effectively integrate local marketing into your B2B marketing plan and drive growth in new markets.
A little word of us, BigDreams and our expertise in B2B Local Marketing
At BigDreams, we are passionate about helping B2B companies harness the power of local marketing. Our team of experts specializes in providing training, consulting, and hands-on operational support to help businesses succeed in their local markets.
Using the latest tools and techniques, we can help you increase your visibility, attract new clients, and build lasting relationships with your local community. From website optimization to content creation, social media management, SEO, paid advertising, email marketing, and more, we offer a wide range of services tailored to your business needs.
Whether you are a small startup or a large enterprise, we have the knowledge and expertise to help you achieve your local marketing goals. With a proven track record of success, our team are dedicated to delivering results and driving growth for your business.